Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stewie to the Rescue: A Look Back

Hey all,

I know most people write blogs/emails/letters etc talking about the previous year and their hopes/desires/wishes for the new year. But I'm not going to do that.

2011 was a decent year for Stewie to the Rescue when taking into account all the stuff I had going on (like, having a baby), but at the end of the day, I don't feel like I'm doing enough.

The only sense that I had that we're making a difference was getting the Humanitarian of the Year Award from The Companion Animal Network's Pet Mobile, whose owner, Garo Alexanian, said that we helped them stay afloat, making it possible for them to, if not thrive, at least continue to operate when times were tough. If you want to see how we get involved with them, read this and this.

They have now helped save over 7,000 animals due to their low cost vet prices.

Come to think of it, I guess we had a damn good year.

I will post my "Look Ahead to 2012" tomorrow (eh, who am I kidding, probably Saturday)

Harris Bloom
Founder/President
www.stewietotherescue.org

No comments: