Monday, November 29, 2010

Damn you, Jack Frost!

Hello everyone.  Welcome to Monday.

The long weekend is over.  The turkey is gone.  The cranberries are dried up.  Its cold out.  Very cold.

It seems like yesterday it was summer out, but now Jack Frost is baring his gruesome, icy fangs.  Its time to put away the shorts and tee shirts and pull out the itchy sweaters and thick winter coats.

If you're paying attention at all, you're picking up I'm not a big fan of winter.  Truth is, every year around this time I say to myself that I've had enough and that I wouldn't be here this time next year.  Every year, I'm still here.

So, since I'm once again subjecting myself to the frigid weather, I think we should talk about how our pets are also affected by the elements and how to protect them.  Ready?  Keep them inside.  Just kidding...sort of.

I happened to find an interesting and informative article (from the ASPCA) that gives an overview of some preventative measures you can apply toward your dogs to keep them warm and protect them.

Go to: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/pet-care-tips/cold-weather-tips.html , I think its definitely worth a look. 

You love your dog.  Your dog loves you.  Keep your best friend warm and safe.  They'd do the same for you.

- Stewie

www.stewietotherescue.org

No comments: